Friday, March 26, 2010

Weigh in


So heres the skinny on my pregnancy weight. Before I got pregnant I was 128. About 10 lbs heavier than I'd like to be. During the first trimester I did pretty well, only gaining around 10 lbs. THEN... John left, and the holidays came, and the traveling. I think I traveled around for a good solid 3 months. My diet consisted of Chick-fil-A, Chipotle, eggplant parm, Ben & Jerrys Peanut Butter Swirl, and M&M's. I was on the fast track to Fatville. Thankfully, my yoga-obsessed, veggie loving, diet nazi, vegan Dad saved my ass - literally. He came to stay with me for awhile and had me on a pretty strict, all organic, no meat, no dairy diet. With that I was able to curtail my weight gain. By the end of my pregnancy, I ended up putting on 32 lbs. Not bad. 

I thought for sure it would all magically fall off in the first few weeks. I prayed that I would somehow give birth to a 32 lb baby. Yeah, not so much. So here I am 4 weeks postpartum, with 20 lbs, to go. Ugh.

There's only one little problem, I hate working out. I don't think I have broken a sweat while working out once in my life. That needs to change. So heres my plan: Im gonna buy a jogging stroller
and hopefully it will motivate me to get up and go. I figure, if I spend the money on a jogging stroller, then I will feel obligated to USE it. If I dont, it would be a waste of money, and I hate wasting money.

No comments:

Post a Comment