Monday, March 15, 2010

She's here

Our sweet baby Lola was born on February 24, 2010 at 2:40pm. She weighed in at 7lb 6oz and was 20 inches long. 
We are so in love with our little girl. John and I went in to Savannah Memorial hospital on the night of the 23rd to start cervadil. Thats a drug they use to help your cervix dilate. Neither of us slept much that night. Next morning around 9 am they started the pitocin. At that point I was about 2-3 centimeters dilated. My contractions didn't really hurt at that point, I'd say they were just uncomfortable. Around 12 o'clock, they checked me and I was 4cm, so the doctor decided to break my water - thats when all hell broke loose. The contractions came on like crazy. Worst. pain. ever. After about 4 major contractions, a little man I like to call GOD came and gave me my epidural. Heaven. After about an hour and a half, I started to feel some REAL pressure down low. So we called the nurse and she checked me and to my surprise I was 10 cm! Ready to push. My mom hadn't arrived yet so I insisted we wait (She flew all the way from NY and would've been so sad to miss it.) A few minutes later she arrived, and after about 40 minutes of pushing Lola Marie Rourke was born. The cord was wrapped around her neck one time, but other than that she is perfectly healthy. Best moment of our lives thus far :)
Heres some more pictures of her first days of life...


Finally a family.

Looking at her Daddy for the first time. She looks just like him. Nothing melts my heart more than seeing my husband look at her.

Her hat I got off etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment