Sunday, March 21, 2010

Things they dont tell you.

Being a Mommy is the best thing ever. I have my best friend with me 24/7. BUT there are a few things i DIDNT realize before I got pregnant. Here they are...
1. The worry. I worry constantly. For the first few weeks, i slept with my hand on her just to make sure she was still breathing. I told John I was apprehensive about having another just because I dont think I could handle double the worry. They tell me it never ends.
2. How much she poops! I feed her - she poops, I burp her - she poops, a put her down to sleep - she poops, I change her diaper- she poops.
3. How bad breast feeding hurt. For the first 2 weeks, it felt like razors were shooting out of my boobs.
4. How much life would change. Adjusting to being a Mom was definitely tough. Lola is on my mind every minute of every day. When you have a baby, you can just plop down on the couch and watch your favorite show. I guess thats why they have DVR.
5. How people just touch your baby. They dont ask, they just put their dirty little mitts all over the baby's hands & face. I have learned to say "Oh please dont touch her she isnt feeling well today." That usually works.
6. How much I TRULY understand my parents better now. They tell you your whole life "Just wait till you have kids, you'll see then." and you think "Yeah right." Well its true. You really cant understand what that love is like until you have one of your own. Thanks Mom and Dad!

Im sure they'll be more as the days, months, and years go by. For now, Ill leave you with a face that just cracks me and John up. Its her poopin' face!



No comments:

Post a Comment