Wednesday, July 28, 2010

5 Months

So basically Lola is huge. We had her 5 month checkup last week. Lola weighs 16 lbs, is just under 27 inches long, and has a 16 inch noggin. She has a melon like her daddy. She ranked 95th for length, 85th for weight, and 80th for head circumference. The girl is definitely NOT petite like I was.

At 5 months old Lola has learned to sit up right all by herself ...
She says ba-ba-ba-ba, da-da-da-da, and ma-ma-ma-ma, and babbles on and on accompanied by loud screams & schrieks. She loves to look around in the grocery store yelling loudly at all the stuff on the shelves. 
Lola can now roll back to front, and now she doesnt hate so much lying on her belly. 
Shes the type of baby who just wishes she could get up and go already. I feel like everytime I show her something new she is saying "Silly Mama I already know how to do that!"
She loooooooves her grandpa!
When it comes to sleeping Lola is still a hot mess. She takes 3-4 45 minute naps per day. At night I put her down around 7:30, and she sleeps till 12. I then bring her in bed with me for the rest of the night. At first I was so against co-sleeping but after doing some research I think its ok for now. It works for us and thats all that matters to me.
Lola is developing quite a little personality. She laughs when I tickle her collarbone or her back. She absolutley lights up when she sees her daddy on skype (so do I.) 
The kid just never stops smiling, we are so lucky to have such a good baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment